Wednesday 4 November 2015

Southampton in Monochrome

At the beginning of September, just before heading to Guernsey to run a week of workshops, I took Izzi (along with all her clobber) back to Southampton, ready for the new University term.  After a hard day's shopping, I managed to wander around for an hour or so with my camera in the late summer sun.


The statue is of Louis Mountbatten (of Burma fame).


Sadly the beer and pizza shops were closed, although I know which one I'd have frequented if they'd been open.



The final shot is just round the corner from where Izzi lives, in a very pleasant part of Southampton which is within easy walking distance of the centre.


The following morning I left Southampton at 04:30, heading to Poole for the early morning ferry sailing to St Peter Port.

No comments:

Post a Comment