Thursday 31 October 2019

Norwich Exteriors

On Tuesday evening I was giving a talk at Norwich and District Photographic Society, so decided to spend the afternoon in the city beforehand.  Norwich is one of those places I've driven around on many occasions (often to visit my friends at WEX, it has to be said), but I've never really had the opportunity to wander around the centre.  The first thing I discovered was that the parking situation is even worse than Cambridge, and I ended up in Magdalen Street as other sites were full.  Not the most charming part of town, although the local (boarded up) pub did have a very convenient commode outside the front door.  Potentially useful in an emergency, I suppose...






The sun started to shine as I crossed the river, though, and I was soon in the mediaeval streets (which were more charming, if less commodious).






I'd never visited Norwich Cathedral, so was determined to spend some time there.  The late afternoon light was really lovely, and the cathedral itself was absolutely stunning.





Watch out for the next thrilling instalment of pictures taken inside the Cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment