Wednesday 24 June 2015

St Pancras Hotel & British Library

On June 6th, the day of the London Salon of Photography Exhibition opening, Sue McGilveray and I headed into London to do a bit of photography before the event.  While walking past the St Pancras Hotel, a very kind security guard invited us in to take some pictures of the interior.  Brilliant!  After about 30 minutes, however, a different security guard asked me to leave as I was taking too many pictures.  Not quite so brilliant.

I should confess that I have a bit of a "thing" about high Victorian gothic architecture, and I've always wanted to get inside George Gilbert Scott's amazing edifice.  I wasn't disappointed - other than being restricted to the ground floor.







Having been evicted from the hotel, Sue and I walked round the corner to have a look at the British Library.  Quite a place, but sadly we didn't have very long there.






No comments:

Post a Comment