Saturday 29 September 2018

Great Wilbraham Vegetable, Flower and Produce Show 2018

Back in July I was asked if I would judge the photography section of the (world famous) Great Wilbraham Vegetable, Flower and Produce Show, 2018.  What an honour!  Some really interesting photos, as it turns out, and I've since had the opportunity to meet many of the people who took them.  Once the judging was complete I was able to wander around the show itself, admiring the wonderful exhibits on display.  It's clear that Great Wilbraham residents take the event very seriously (something to do with the top prize of 50p per section, perhaps?), and it was lovely to see the hall busy with people of all ages.  The whole experience reminded me of the Yorkshire shows I used to attend as a kid: a little old-fashioned, perhaps, but certainly a tradition worth upholding for many years to come.










One of the categories (of which there were many) involved growing spuds in a bucket.  Third prize went to none other than Cambridge Camera Club's current President.  Not just a pretty face, clearly...


No comments:

Post a Comment