Wednesday 24 April 2013

Worcester

It was such a lovely Spring day on Saturday that I decided to stop off for a few hours in Worcester on my way to Bristol.  My main interest was the cathedral, but here are a few shots from the around the town. 




The statue is, of course, Edward Elgar, who is inextricably linked with Worcester.


It seemed slightly incongruous that a beautiful mediaeval building had been turned into a mobile phone shop.




Speaking personally, I love to have my hops individually tailored...


There's something about the eternal and unquenchable optimism of a Labrador when it comes to food!


Just one of the many discount and money-lending stores in the city centre, although the top prize must go to the very large number of empty and boarded-up shop premises.


The local intelligentsia...


Stopping for a quick smoke.


Some more general views of the city.





Anyone for a spot of good old-fashioned rectification?

No comments:

Post a Comment