Friday 6 August 2010

Monochrome in the Morning

The Yorkshire Wolds are beautiful in their own way: gentle rolling countryside rather than the more spectacular and bleak scenery of the Dales or the North York Moors.  I walked Amber early (well, early-ish) each morning, and if the light looked at all promising I took my camera with me.


More often than not it was cloudy and overcast, so I've decided to convert this particular set of pictures to monochrome.  It seems to bring out the texture in the crops, fields and trees, even though the lighting was pretty weak most of the time.


I was particularly taken with the straight lines formed by the tractors, presumably when spraying, and their interaction with the hedges, trees and cloud shadows.


The landscape is dotted with farmhouses, usually nestling in the valleys like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment