Thursday 3 March 2011

Experiments with Silver Efex Pro 2

I blame Ann for this (naturally) but I downloaded the demo version of Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 yesterday.  This lunchtime was spent watching a number of tutorial videos, followed by a decision to "have a go".  All the pictures below were taken at the Black Country Museum on a miserably cold, wet day in December 2009.  They are all full-frame shots (i.e. no cropping or rotation) and none of the B&W conversions took longer than 5 minutes to perform.  I have to say that I'm dead impressed so far, but then I haven't shelled out any hard-earned dosh yet.  I might have to, though, especially as version 2 has some superb features which make it much more flexible and easier to use than version 1. 





1 comment:

  1. The Black Country Museum really does look good in black and white. I especially like the cobble patterns on the street and the rusted drainpipe.

    ReplyDelete