Thursday 30 December 2010

A New Toy

It's been a long time since I last posted, and this reflects an almost total lack of photography since October. Too many other things to do, unfortunately, but a few days off work have enabled me to do a bit of catching up.


Santa was very generous this year, and allowed me to have my original 20D converted for Infra Red at Advanced Camera Services. Despite the weather (and me being late sending the body off for conversion) the good people at ACS worked liked troopers to get everything completed in time for Christmas. Superb service, and a very friendly and helpful bunch of people. Boxing Day was my first opportunity to take the camera out, and these are the results from that inaugural trip...




We went for a walk along the edge of the quarry between Barrington and Harlton. The day was rather dull and cold, but there was clearly still a fair amount of IR light around. Frances had borrowed a couple of item from my camera bag, and was busy trying them out during the afternoon.


A couple of details from the walk...


... and three views of the quarry and its environs.


P.S. I love my new toy (although I'm yet to be convinced by Blogger's new auto-layout editing system - so much for WYSIWYG!).

1 comment:

  1. Nice crisp sharp b&w photos here taken with your new toy! Happy New Year to you! Keep posting with your photography... you're talented!

    ReplyDelete