Saturday, 17 July 2010

Salford Quays and The Lowry Centre

Exactly like the last time I visited, the Manchester weather closed in as soon as we'd reached Salford Quays.  Typical.  This didn't worry Izzi, however, as her prime interest was a retail experience in the Outlet Mall rather than admiring the architecture.  Again, typical!  No problem, as this gave me an hour or so to wander round taking pictures.


I was determined to go into the Lowry Centre as I'd heard the interior was well worth a look.  The exterior wasn't bad either...


I never got to the Lowry exhibition itself as I was overwhelmed by the foyer and theatre.  The whole place is made up of either polished steel or solid blocks of vivid colour: primarily red and orange, but also yellow, blue and purple.  It was one of those places where the main question is "where do I start?".  Well, the following selection of pictures is in no particular order, but I hope will give some flavour of the place.








As you can probably tell, I was totally bowled over by the place.  It was pleasantly empty too, which is more than could be said for the Outlet Mall...