Tuesday 23 April 2019

Isla discovers the seaside 1: Wells

In early April Isla and I went to Norfolk for a couple of days, the primary excuse being that I was giving a talk at North Norfolk Photographic Society.  Since the talk was in Holt, I stayed at Mary Walsh's excellent White House Farm in Hindolveston, which happens to have a dog-friendly annex.  It was the first time I'd taken Isla away on an "adventure", and I was slightly nervous as to how she would behave.  I needn't have worried, though, as she was absolutely fine and didn't disgrace herself once.

I was determined to introduce Isla to the joys of the seaside, so on Thursday morning we headed to Wells-absolutely-nowhere-near-the-Sea.  As luck would have it the tide was out, so there was mile after mile of empty sand to play on.  Isla acquired a particularly good stick while walking through the woods behind the beach huts, and held onto it all the time we were there.  When I say "held onto it", what I mean is that Muggins had to keep throwing it for her, and she would then proceed to retrieve it.  So, an endless throw/fetch cycle, interspersed with bouts of frantic digging and a bit of swimming, so it's no surprise that she was completely knackered afterwards.  Indeed, she slept for the whole afternoon!











Can we go to the seaside again soon, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment